“Summer should get a speeding ticket.”
Summer is slipping away. Can you believe that Sept 22 is the First Day of Fall?! Would someone please tell Savannah’s daily temperatures that bit of info?
1. Even though it caused a catch in my throat, seeing the pics my daughter Emily sent of the grandtwins yesterday morning — September 11.
2. Actually borrowing an egg from my next door neighbor. (Is it okay to still do that?)
(Of course she put the egg in a cute tiny bowl she found in Italy.)
I paid Vivian back with some Werther’s Originals–Chewy Caramels in the same bowl. (Is that normal?)
3. This green lion who (which?) lives nearby in Savannah’s historic district.
4. Taking four-year-old grandson Gabriel to his first-ever tennis lesson.
Looking back at me, “Abu,” to make sure I’m watching.
5. And speaking of Gabriel, when I picked him and brother Daniel (7) up from school yesterday, G told us that he made a BIG picture of Batman in pre-K art class. When we got to his house, of course we hung it in the dining room.
After a few minutes, big brother Daniel, after pointing out that Gabriel had spelled Batman with an M (Matman), said to me, “Matman sure looks like a monkey to me.”
Gabriel screamed, “IT’S BATMAN!”
Happy Friday Folks!
Reaching the point in my life where I can put my head on my pillow at night and think to myself: “You know, everything really is all right.”
2. Feeding deer.
3. Making THE MOST DELICIOUS fresh corn/pinto bean cold salad this week.
4. Yesterday driving up to my old stomping ground (27 years), Georgia Southern University, to do a few errands.
Go GSU Eagles!
5. Having good eyesight.
May All be Right with you this weekend!
A Few Things I’m Thankful For this warm Tuesday evening in Savannah:
** Learning to make Watermelon Gazpacho soup. So good!
It took me FOREVER to dice the watermelon, cucumber, bell pepper, shallots, etc, but SO WORTH IT. Yum.
I may just become a Food Network star.
** Peel and eat shrimp
** Cool backgrounds for pictures
(Inside Fort Sumter in Charleston yesterday.)
** Spoiling the grandtwins with chocolate cupcakes.
** Selfies with my parents (90 and 87) and brother Danny.
** Root Vegetable Roasts!
** Speaking of vegetables, Vegetable-laden Bloody Mary’s
** Being able to bend my body
** Fifty Shades
Happiest of Nights to you all!