“What you put at the end of your fork is more powerful than anything you will ever find in a prescription bottle.”
— James Colquhoun, Hungry for Change
It’s the last weekend in February, folks. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?! Wasn’t it just Christmas a couple of days ago?
Anyway, here’s a handful of what has made me happy lately.
1. Rafael, one of my international students at SCAD, presenting me with this very cool journal–which he made himself (!). He had interviewed me for another class project and gave me the journal as a Thank You.
2. Getting a little pre-St. Patty Day green-eyed the other morning on a stroll through my Savannah historic district neighborhood.
(Much more about St. Patrick’s Day to come!)
3. Realizing there is beauty even in brokenness.
4. Getting a little choked up the other evening as I watched grandson Gabriel looking onto the screen of his buddy Liam’s smart phone.
And being thankful that difference doesn’t matter much to little kids.
5. Rejoicing in the fact that some folks still handwrite letters. Watch the inspiring video below!
Write someone some joy this last weekend of Valentine month.
1. Trying to see some good in this cold spell in Savannah.
Someone told me to be thankful because these temps will decrease the pesty gnat population come spring and summer. But that aint doing me no good right now.
2. Warmer memories from last weekend, visiting Atlanta’s incredibly beautiful Oakland Cemetery.
3. Making sweet potato/bok choy bisque. Yum!
4. Seemingly cute pic of grandson Daniel and grandtwin Matthew having a cuddly cousin moment, until you look closer and see that Daniel is really watching TV while pretending to smile at the camera.
5. Yellow roses.
May joy warm you this weekend!
At this (young) stage of my life, WALKING is one of my preferred methods of cardio. [Another is eating.]
I encourage you to read the VERY COOL & ENCOURAGING article below which deals with the incredible benefits of the walking life.