It’s Friday yet again. And here’s my Five.
1. Today’s my **th birthday! You know, these things keep showing up far too frequently. Really. And my birthday, coming so close after Christmas, has always seemed like a tiny addendum to Christmas. For example, my birthday presents were usually wrapped like this:
But, still, as a child I always felt a little special. First, we celebrated the Birthday of Jesus. Then just a tad later, we celebrated the Birthday of Neal. With nary a decorative change! Not so with my four brothers. Danny’s birthday is October 30, the day before Halloween. I gloated a lot, for good reason: a jack o’ lantern …
… just can’t compete with the Savior of the World …
In the interest of gift-giving everywhere, I’ve decided to share with you my 2014 Birthday List.
What Neal Wants for His Birthday This Year:
* World peace
* Somebody reclassifying fried chicken as a leafy green vegetable. KFC = Kale Fried Chicken
* Cures for all diseases
* The demise of Duck Dynasty
* The end of hunger
* A year’s supply of Red Hots
* Six pack abs at my age of **.
* Equality for all
* Reasons EVERY DAY to feel JOY.
2. The Truth of this clear, black and white principle:
3. This cool picture I took last week:
4. In this new year, trying not to harp so much on what isn’t working.
5. Family Joy
Have a blast this weekend!