Five Friday Happy Bringers — Birthday Edition — 1/10/14

It’s Friday yet again. And here’s my Five.

1.  Today’s my **th birthday!  You know, these things keep showing up far too frequently.  Really.  And my birthday, coming so close after Christmas, has always seemed like a tiny addendum to Christmas.  For example, my birthday presents were usually wrapped like this:

Bdaylist1

Or this:

Bdaylist2

But, still,  as a child I always felt a little special.  First, we celebrated the Birthday of Jesus.  Then just a tad later, we celebrated the Birthday of Neal.  With nary a decorative change!  Not so with my four brothers.  Danny’s birthday is October 30, the day before Halloween.  I gloated a lot, for good reason: a jack o’ lantern …

bdaylist3

… just can’t compete with the Savior of the World …

bdaylist4

In the interest of gift-giving everywhere, I’ve decided to share with you my 2014 Birthday List.

What Neal Wants for His Birthday This Year:

*  World peace

Bdaylist5

*  Somebody reclassifying fried chicken as a leafy green vegetable.  KFC = Kale Fried Chicken

bdaylist6

*  Cures for all diseases

*  The demise of Duck Dynasty

Bdaylist7

*  The end of hunger

*  A year’s supply of Red Hots

*  Six pack abs at my age of **.

Bdaylis8

*  Equality for all

*  Reasons EVERY DAY to feel JOY.

Bdaylist8

2.  The Truth of this clear, black and white principle:

X21EsUaapdKGkyhc.jpg

3.  This cool picture I took last week:

nz2c8lC9HQroGf7T.png

4.  In this new year, trying not to harp so much on what isn’t working.

8U7tWXWOFIndis8V.png

5.  Family Joy

s9d8CLLQ5tBIMLCK.jpg

dGyvObTKbTwG6HEo.jpg

V5YVvspWELjgEJcZ.jpg

(Grandtwin Matthew)

Have a blast this weekend!

16 responses to this post.

1. Posted by Mary Ann on January 10, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Happy Birthday and wishing you many many more!!!

2. Posted by Melanie Simon on January 10, 2014 at 9:28 AM

Happy Birthday! My mom’s birthday too. She would have been 66 today. Have a great one!! Xxoo melanie

Sent from my iPhone

3. Happiest of birthdays to you, dear friend!

4. Posted by Frank White on January 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Happy Birthday, Neal! And many more!

5. Posted by Rachel on January 10, 2014 at 10:38 AM

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a great one. 🙂

6. Posted by keith flaby on January 10, 2014 at 12:50 PM

Happy Birthday,
    The Boys on the island,
    Keith & Mark.

7. Posted by June Dean on January 17, 2014 at 12:43 PM

We share this special day — sorry to be a week late in sending you birthday wishes. Hope it’s a great year for you and yours. We’re looking forward to a new granddaughter at the end of the month and moving into a new home in June.

• Hi June! And happy belated bday to you. Such exciting news about the grand baby and the house! Have an incredible 2014.

Sent from Neal’s iPhone4