It looks like a beautiful Mother’s Day Weekend Friday here in Savannah. (Does that make any sense?)
1. Sautéed collards and onions.
2. Delicious views on my walks in Savannah.
3. This so-true affirmation for today. (I know, I know–some folks make fun of me for my love of affirmations.)
4. The enticing perfume of jasmine.
5. Mamas who are still walking.
My mom just turned 87. And still getting around. Here we are at Cracker Barrel on Monday.
Happiest of Mother’s Day weekends!
P.S. Oh, I forgot to tell you–I got my first-ever Mother’s Day present this morning! Really. I’m telling the truth. Since his parents are out of town today, I dropped grandson Gabriel off at The Little School, and the teachers had prepared cute Breakfast Bags for the moms. Bagels (“choose your flavor!”), cream cheese and juice. I lingered, elaborately saying a long and emotional goodbye to Gabriel (“Abu will miss you so much, but you will enjoy the healthy but delicious lunch I prepared for you.”) At the same time, I tried to look hungry, pitiful and motherly. I guess it worked: