I love the month of May. There’s something hopeful, potential, expectant about its very name, “May.”
And here come a few more of my Joy Causers this week:
1. Granddog Spyro.
2. The difficult (for me) but truthful freedom of this declaration:
3. Incredible sand art outside one of the classroom buildings at SCAD (Savannah College of Art and Design).
This is a collaborative class project called “The Art of the Spectacle.”
4. Loving every moment of Grandson Daniel’s performance in the Savannah Children’s Theatre Dance Program Recital, “Dance Around the World” last weekend.
Can you see D in the lower right hand side of the dance teacher’s selfie?
(Shouldn’t that really be called an “usie” or a “themsie”?)
5. Coffee and beignets at Huey’s on River Street this morning.
Okay, I LOVE New Orleans, but our beignets here in Savannah are fritters better than theirs at Café du Monde.
YOU SIMPLY MUST KEEP READING BECAUSE I HAVE A FEW MORE THAN MY USUAL FIVE HAPPY BRINGERS.
6. Enjoying the simple beauty of the community Trustees Vegetable Garden (across from my place on East Broad Street here in Savannah).
7. Daughter Amy’s birthday celebration (with a lil help from grandson Gabriel).
8. Robert’s homemade (first time ever) egg rolls.
9. Rejoicing in the incredible ability to breathe deeply.
MAY you have many reasons to smile this Mother’s Day weekend!