I submit for your consideration, Faithful Blog Followers, that the word “Yes” is perhaps the most powerful word in our vocabulary. It’s sort of Youthful and Exciting and Sassy.
It makes me want to Yell and Express my True Self and Sing!
Say it out loud right now (if you can).
Doesn’t that feel good? (Say “Yes.”)
As we are saying goodbye to 2013 and welcoming 2014, I encourage you to come up with a List of That Which You Desire to say “Yes!” to in this new year.
I love symbols and reminders. One (somewhat weird) thing I do is look for sticks which look like the letter Y. (Reminder to self: Therapist Talking Point #58.) They become my “Yes!” sticks. I don’t keep them. I just think, “That stick reminds me of the letter ‘y’ and the word ‘Yes!'” And then start saying “Yes!” to whatever I want/desire/hope for at that moment.
Here are a couple of Yes Sticks:
And here’s a Short List of what I’m saying “YES!” to in this Brand New Year.
1. Overwhelming Peace in my life.
2. Healthy Eating.
3. Being the Best Son two elderly parents could ever have.
4. Becoming the very Personification of Encouragement.
6. Uncontrollable Peals of Laughter.
7. Grandfathering (Abu-ing) to beat sixty.
8. Treating every person I meet as if she or he were the most important person on earth (lesson from my dad, who actually did this consistently).
What about you? What are you saying “Yes!” to in 2014?
Here’s buddy and songwriter/performer Amy Steinberg and her cool song, “Yes.”