I LOVE July (even with its heavy Savannah heat). July’s a bit lazy, sultry and hesitant to enter the second half of the year. It doesn’t rush into things. July takes her time.
Here’s why I’m happy, finishing this second week of the month.
1. Summer sautéing.
2. Admiring window boxes in Charleston on Tuesday.
4. The truth of this statement posted on a boutique in Charleston:
So we better get to it!
5. Having to hide from the paparazzi.
Okay, one more reason for joy–grandson fireworks:
Have a great weekend–and avoid the paparazzi.
What a Joyful June Week! I hope yours has been too.
1. Lucking onto the COOLEST tour of Piedmont Park (in Atlanta) the other day.
Here’s wonderful guide Lauren of the Piedmont Park Conservancy:
I learned all about The Cotton States Exhibition which was held there in the late 1880’s and Booker T. Washington’s famous Separate but Equal speech delivered in the park.
2. Cooling Rain outside my study window yesterday afternoon.
3. The Supreme Court Decision a little while ago:
4. Appreciating this s0-true affirmation by Bernard Jordan from his book, The Laws of Thinking.
Yes, we live at the address of our thoughts!
5. Our beautiful sky.
May you experience a supremely beautiful weekend ahead!
In spite of this …
… I’ve had a Great Week here in The Savannah!
I hope you have too (wherever you are).
[P.S. Sometimes having a Great Week is simply a matter of looking for the Greatness in the Week.]
1. Fruits and vegetables.
(The yellowish thingies are young turnips. Yum.)
2. Deciding that to embrace the Truly Hip Person I am, I need New, Cool Socks.
3. Going to 1964, the (early) Beatles tribute show at the Lucas here in Savannah (a two-minute walk from my place), and getting a tad weepy when they sang, “I Wanna Hold Your Hand.”
4. Buying a new bed for “grand-dog” Spyro:
5. Hooting at grandson Daniel’s outfit for Nerd Day at the Savannah Children’s Theatre Camp.
Have a Terrific Weekend. I Wanna Hold Your Happiness.