I’m not actually 100% sure you can be happy on Monday …
…but I’m gonna try.
This past Friday I was a bit under the weather (don’t ask and I won’t tell), so I didn’t post my regular Five Friday Happy Bringers. But it’s a Brand New Day and Week, so I thought I’d try to make up for lost time by telling you why Happiness is Here.
1. Potato soup, when you’re sickish and need to be a baby.
2. Recently visiting my parents up in Ball Ground, GA (north of Atlanta). Here’s my mom (86), daughters Amy and Emily, and one of my grandtwins Madison.
3. Enjoying four events at this year’s incredible Savannah Music Festival, including bluegrass, Irish, Scottish, South African and Brazilian music. I’m so music-ed now.
4. A gracious Paula Deen visiting my grandson Gabriel’s class last week.
Gabriel (in solid blue shirt next to Paula’s dog in top pic, shading eyes in second) is in class with Deen’s nephew.
6. Surprises on River Street near my place.
(A reproduction of The Pinta)
7. Having a great time on Saturday at SCAD’s International Festival. Some of you know that I am an adjunct in SCAD’s Language Studio program (ESL).
Here I am with a few of my students and friends.
8. Savannah’s wisteria.
(See the bee at the bottom?)
9. Saute(e?)ing dinosaur kale in my new wok.
10. Easter wreaths.