What a Joyful June Week! I hope yours has been too.
1. Lucking onto the COOLEST tour of Piedmont Park (in Atlanta) the other day.
Here’s wonderful guide Lauren of the Piedmont Park Conservancy:
I learned all about The Cotton States Exhibition which was held there in the late 1880’s and Booker T. Washington’s famous Separate but Equal speech delivered in the park.
2. Cooling Rain outside my study window yesterday afternoon.
3. The Supreme Court Decision a little while ago:
4. Appreciating this s0-true affirmation by Bernard Jordan from his book, The Laws of Thinking.
Yes, we live at the address of our thoughts!
5. Our beautiful sky.
May you experience a supremely beautiful weekend ahead!
In spite of this …
… I’ve had a Great Week here in The Savannah!
I hope you have too (wherever you are).
[P.S. Sometimes having a Great Week is simply a matter of looking for the Greatness in the Week.]
1. Fruits and vegetables.
(The yellowish thingies are young turnips. Yum.)
2. Deciding that to embrace the Truly Hip Person I am, I need New, Cool Socks.
3. Going to 1964, the (early) Beatles tribute show at the Lucas here in Savannah (a two-minute walk from my place), and getting a tad weepy when they sang, “I Wanna Hold Your Hand.”
4. Buying a new bed for “grand-dog” Spyro:
5. Hooting at grandson Daniel’s outfit for Nerd Day at the Savannah Children’s Theatre Camp.
Have a Terrific Weekend. I Wanna Hold Your Happiness.
It’s Friday! It’s JUNE! It’s Happy!
1. Grandson Daniel’s dress-up day at Savannah Children’s Theatre Camp. “Hollywood”
Spitting image of his grandfather!
2. A beautifully invigorating two hours at the Laurel Grove Cemetery here in Savannah this week. (I had never gone before.)
(Beware: A rather long mix of pics ahead.)
As I walked through the moss-laden oaks, I was mesmerized by the power of time to take back into the earth all that belongs to her. All.
Okay, I’ll stop even though I kept taking pictures. I love cemeteries. They are such celebrations of LIFE.
3. Meals this week. (All from the Forsyth Farmers Market here in Savannah.)
4. Beautiful plantscape at a house near me.
5. Bathroom sign in a restaurant on Hilton Head Island.
Great Weekend to you all!