Fall AND Friday … nothing better!
1. Visiting SCAD Atlanta and touring the incredibly beautiful facilities with SCAD Vice President (and friend) Hannah Crockett. For those of you who don’t know, SCAD is the Savannah College of Art and Design, where I have been teaching as an adjunct since I retired from Georgia Southern University in June of 2012. I teach at the Savannah campus, but there are three others–Atlanta, Hong Kong and Lacoste France.
Here I am with delightful Hannah:
And seeing another friendly face–Michael, who used to be at SCAD Savannah but is now in the big city as SCAD’s director of student services.:
2. Also touring the nearby High Museum of Art on Peachtree. I love this house just outside the museum!
And this horse!
I kept trying to ride it, but he would not budge.
3. Learning that happiness CAN come in so many forms.
4. The sense of sound.
5. Pumpkins and jack-o-lanterns with grandsons Daniel and Gabriel:
It CAN be a Joy Weekend. Let’s make it so.
What are YOU happy about this weekend? Tell me a few things.
Here are five things I’m happy about this warm July Friday in South Georgia.
1. My newfound love of KALE–here sautéed with onions and garlic.
How else can you eat it? Anybody know?
2. Six-year-old Grandson Daniel pretending to be part of an Office Depot sales associates meeting yesterday. (He got bored when his mother and I were doing some shopping.) (And he has his grandfather’s sense of humor.) (I thought it was a lot funnier than the Office Depot folks did.)
Right after I took that picture, Daniel asked me if we could go look at speaker eggs. Huh? What? I’d never heard of such a thing.
How does a kid know about such devices?! When I asked him, he said that EVERYBODY knows about speaker eggs. I couldn’t decide if I was proud of him or wanted to spank him. A little while later, when he asked, “Abu, how old will you be when I’m twenty?” I knew I wanted to spank him.
3. Eating dinner in a balcony.
(At Sage. Historic District Savannah.)
4. Lying down in your bed at night, putting your head on your pillow, and going to sleep.
5. Savannah Clouds.
Look up at the clouds this weekend!