Another Savannah Spring Friday. Here’s what I’m what happy about.
1. My favorite Ninja Turtles, grandsons Daniel and Gabriel.
2. Grilling last night.
I love the barby! Here are my mangoes and vegetables:
3. This quote from the book I finished Wed. night, The Light Between Oceans.
“As long as one has good things in the mind, one can be happy. This I know.”
4. Colorful memories of Savannah’s 2013 St. Patrick’s Day.
5. Embracing JOY, in whatever way it comes.
Joyful, Joyful Weekend Ahead!
Friday, Friday, thank you for heralding happiness this week.
1. Driving back up on Wednesday to Statesboro and Georgia Southern University for the annual Retirees Recognition Ceremony. Retirees who have given ten years or more service to GSU have their names on plaques that are put on the wall at the Builders of the University Terrace.
And here I am with fellow retirees and good buddies Linda Arthur and Phyllis Dallas:
And who said there’s no such thing as a free lunch?
(Okay, maybe I put in a few years for that lunch. But the ham was good.) What a beautiful day!
2. Aspiring (great emphasis on “aspiring”) to live the rest of my life by this quote from the novel I’m currently ready–The Light Between Oceans: “It isn’t safe to put off what matters.”
3. Walking down stairs …
… without falling.
4. The incomparable aroma of onions sauteing in olive oil.
5. Attending SCAD’s 15th annual International Festival in Savannah’s beautiful Forsyth Park.
With a couple of former students, Alejandro …
… and Cash
Have a world of fun this weekend!