1. Traveling to Atlanta for St. Patrick’s Day weekend. Savannah’s Big Parade/Craziness was back this year, so we decided to abandon our parade route apartment and get outta Dodge.
2. Marveling at the gorgeous Atlanta Botanical Garden glory.
I felt bad for this sad and lonely little red tulip. I told her not to be embarrassed because she was different from the daffodils, to get right back up and stand proud. I hope she listened.
3. ￼Robert’s obsession with close ups of him and his camera.
4. Last night’s Atlanta Symphony Orchestra/Chorus presentation of Mozart’s Requiem and Strauss’ Tod and Verklarung (Death and Transfiguration). The music was absolutely lush and lovely.
It was exciting to see and hear ASO’s new conductor/music director Nathalie Stutzmann. She was pretty amazing, “a consummate rock star on the podium,” according to ArtsATL. It is also cool that she is the only woman to head a top-25 American orchestra.
And it was especially moving when, after intermission, the orchestra and chorus performed The State Anthem of Ukraine—and dedicated Requiem to the war torn nation.
5. The ability to make choices, sometimes wise, sometimes unwise.
Happy Last Day of Winter & First Day of Spring Weekend Ahead!
2 thoughts on “Five Friday Happy Bringers 3/18/22”
Happiness comes in many different forms but it always comes!
LikeLiked by 1 person
What an incredible trip!