On with the dance! let joy be unconfined; No sleep till morn, when Youth and Pleasure meet To chase the glowing hours with flying feet.
~George Gordon, Lord Byron, Childe Harold’s Pilgrimage
Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never danced in the rain.
There are short-cuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.
I ADORE Friday, don’t you? And here are five things I’m Hooting Happiness about.
1. I really like myself. I’m weird and full of quirks (LOVE slimy okra, for example) but I like who I am and where I am at this stage of my life–which I continue to insist is “early middle age.” (Dear AARP: Please STOP sending me coupons and deals! Well, except for Wendy’s, Oh, and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Thank you.)
2. This delicious and pretty tomato salad I made after I saw it on the cover of a food magazine at Barnes and Noble the other day. (Do you know that they let you just sit around for hours on end perusing their magazines?! I am cancelling all magazine subscriptions and going to B & N from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. M-F to read magazines. Feel free to join me.)
3. Younger Daughter Emily’s two-week-old twins Madison and Matthew. Here’s Madison trying to figure out What’s Up with Matthew’s yelling up a storm. Goodness!
4. Grandson Daniel’s new tennis shoes (do they still even call them tennis shoes?)
Here are the shoes (which light up in the dark) when we went into a closet. If you squint, you can kinda see them.
5. Getting my haircut. I went to The Living Room Salon on Bull Street here in Savannah yesterday. Had a great time. Here I am waiting forty minutes for the color to set, I mean the de-grayification.
And here I am after, orange, for some reason.
Have a colorful weekend!
Since after 14 hours I finally won Staring Contest #1 a while back, I decided to challenge a master, former GSU legendary head football coach Erk Russel in Staring Contest #2.
Oh I forgot to tell you, before the struggle of the two titans began, I invoked the time-honored tradition of rubbing the coach’s head to ensure victory.
(Hours, days pass.)
Yes!! Triumphant once again! So why is his name still up there?