1. Attending friends Pat and Mary Prokop’s annual Memorial Day Garden Party, featuring Pat’s incredible backyard garden. Pat was the long-term but now retired chief meteorologist for WTOC here in Savannah.
Here’s HR giving me a lengthy lecture, something about heat resistant blossoms (it was too hot to pay much attention), before I finally had all I could take of him and joined Mary on the porch for mimosas.
2. Robert’s amazing and tenderly delicious Steak Pizzaiola.
3. The joy, and yes sometimes sorrow, of being able to FEEL. Emotionally, physically, politically, etc.
4. Driving around Savannah and seeing grandson Daniel plastered on electronic billboards advertising the musical, “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.” D is Joseph in the play, which closes this weekend after a three-week run.
5. I’ve been going through some pretty intensive allergy testing this week to try to get to the root of some health issues I’ve been having. WARNING: Not pretty pics like the garden party ones above. Scroll through quickly!
Have you ever had to go through this?!
WHY on earth am I including such a thing as a Happy Bringer? Simple: my back is now TAPE FREE!
Here’s another garden party photo, to get your mind off allergy testing.
May you be taped to joy this weekend.